• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Older project not accessible in current version of Premiere

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to load an older Premiere project into the current version and it wouldn't do so.  First it said that all files had to be converted for current version, but when I was asked to locate these files on a portable hard disk, it said that the disk was read only and not accessible.  I can play those files from that disk in Quicktime but Premiere doesn't recognize them.  What gives?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Hey Bruce,

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you move one of the files to your internal storage and let us know if you still see the issue? Are you on a Windows or a Mac? Try giving Premiere Pro full disk access if you're on Mac, or run Premiere as an Administrator if on Windows. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bruce,

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you move one of the files to your internal storage and let us know if you still see the issue? Are you on a Windows or a Mac? Try giving Premiere Pro full disk access if you're on Mac, or run Premiere as an Administrator if on Windows. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to solve the problem!  By giving full disk access to Premiere on my Mac, the files are now available.  Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to load an older Premiere project into the current version and it wouldn't do so. 

By @brucen37899421

Did you try to import it into a new project, or did you try to open it in the new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Networks and removable media with Digital Video

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/networks-removable-media-dva.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines