Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One camera angle is bright orange on export

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 camera shoot.
A Cam and B Cam both graded with the same LUT, looks good in PP22, but on export A Cam is bright orange.

Never had this issue before switching to PP22.  Happening across multiple sequences using the same footage
See images attached

Any clues?  Of course Im on a deadline

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

One camera was either shooting log which Pr2022 is 'seeing' as an HLG clip (HDR), or was shot in HLG and Pr is seeing it 'correctly' in that color space.

Anyway ... you need to go to the Project panel, select that clip, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage, and set the Override option at the bottom to Rec.709.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

So I went to interpret footage and set them both to Rec709 even though it says they both already were just to see and its working now.  Thats very confusing as you dont think there is an issue if its already showing it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE
Export to media encoder- total export time 4 mins per video, issue: CAM A  is orange
Export from PP directly - total export time 70 mins per video, colours are all correct

I dont understand why media encoder is interpreting the grade differently to PP export (export settings match)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One camera was either shooting log which Pr2022 is 'seeing' as an HLG clip (HDR), or was shot in HLG and Pr is seeing it 'correctly' in that color space.

Anyway ... you need to go to the Project panel, select that clip, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage, and set the Override option at the bottom to Rec.709.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are both Rec.709 already.  I dont think thats the issue. 
Im really starting to hate PP. Been using it for 10 years now but this hassle when I have deadlines is costly!

Why is it taking 30 mins to export a 4 min video with the right colours from PP
Why is it only 4 mins in encoder but one cam is ORANGE when I do.
Im actually getting angry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I went to interpret footage and set them both to Rec709 even though it says they both already were just to see and its working now.  Thats very confusing as you dont think there is an issue if its already showing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD A RECOMMENDATION TO ADOBE

When importing footage, it would be good to be asked the question do you want to interpret as rec 709 at that time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, right?

In the Public beta, they have a new option in Sequence CM settings, "auto-tonemap". It takes any HDR clip on an SDR sequence and tonemaps to the Rec.709 space.

You should install the beta ... you can install it alongside the regular versions ... and test that out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah right - or how about Adobe stops releasing half baked updates with loads of issues! 
This has messed up everyones workflows and literally no documentation has been released to support people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the power to feed up things BTW?  Its so frustrating!
Im not sure I have time for the beta - Im sure it will have scores of other issues whilst fixing one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Join the choir ...

In talking with some of the staffers at NAB last month, I of course hit on the massive changes to color handling/defaults/management with a rather low level of documentation, the new color management controls being splayed in different places across the app instead of one easily findable place, and yea, rolling out things piecemeal.

The answer ... well, that person would have preferred to give more data but up the line, it was felt that would be too confusing to users.

Well ... the devs are actually pretty low in the Adobesphere. A huge chunk of Adobe is the "M&E" ... marketing & experience ... staffers. Who do testing of reactions from users on various concepts, study their metrics tea leaves on user use of various program tools ... and from it all, basically tell the devs what to do.

So my guess is the M&E folks were the ones telling the devs not to go into too much "deep" detail because they felt we'd all be confused ... which is about as bizarre as you can get.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines