• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

online editor that exports to premiere?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, does anyone know of a simple tool to let my director do a rough cut then send to me to finish in premiere? Something like a simple online or cheap editor that exports xml. I'm not sure if anyone of adobe's other things like rush or express export to premiere ...   thank you!!!

TOPICS
Export , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush of course does this, that's the whole purpose of the app.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

It doesn't work between 2 people very well, though. Team Projects is more suitable.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ThatPhotographerGirl,

Great question. Team Projects would work. It is Premiere Pro but has collaborative tools.

Though I do not like to recommend competing products, you might want to look at something like Luma Fusion if Team Projects is too intense. It's a mobile app that interoperates with other NLEs, like Premiere Pro.

Rush works but not in a collaborative environment, so it is disqualified for that purpose. I love it, but I'm a one-person band.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, thanks for the reply! Lumafusion looks perfect although currenlty only on apple. Adobe team project sounded great but it would require my director to use premiere, which is expensive and too much software for them to learn. Rush doesn't export xml? It seems like a logical feature to let Rush talk to Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ThatPhotographerGirl 

Rush could work if you're not going to be going back and forth (that is, you will be finishing the edit); however, the director will need Premiere Pro long enough to send the Rush project file under his Adobe ID to Premiere Pro (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/edit-premiere-rush-projects-in-premiere-pro.html).  Opening a Premiere Rush project in Premiere Pro allows you to choose from any of your Premiere Rush projects that are synced with your Creative Cloud and continue editing in Premiere Pro.  

The director will also have to use Project Manager in Premiere Pro to collect the source footage (https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/trim-or-copy-project.html).

Once everything is copied via Project Manager and a corresponding Premiere Pro project saved, probably to a mobile hard drive, you can continue the edit on your end.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Warren, that is very helpful. I was under the impression there was no way to import a rush file into premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, there, Warren. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked out some freebie options (Hit Film and Shot Cut) and couldn't come up with any FCP XML export functions. I believe that Hit Film's advanced version ($$) may offer AAF, though I didn't try it. I hope you can work with Rush. That would be best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines