We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
In my current video, I have an opacity mask on the center oboist in my video that renders properly in preview, but it will not export. The opacity seems to reset to 100% as well when exported.
I've tried pre-rendering these sections then exporting with "Use Previews" checked.
I've also gone into the Media Encoder and disabled "import sequences natively". Though when looking up the wording of this setting I saw that it reverted back to selected, so I'm currently exporting straight from Media Encoder queue after unchecking this (I unchecked it, closed it, and exported straight from Premiere last time, so perhaps it wasn't disabled at all). I'll update this thread once it's done, but I figured I'd ask for help anyway in case it doesn't work.
Delete preview files and do not use preview files is output differs from Preview codec.
I have exported with "Use Previews" unchecked and exported with it checked, same result.
Might need to set the opacity for mask and clip opacity differently.
Hope to help. I get into these problems when I've got a lot of masks and other GPU accelerated effects going on with a middle of the road laptop. If this is you, I recommend soloing the oboist "effects stack" and turn off all other tracks. Then, export this section on its own with an alpha channel using ProRes 4444+ (with alpha). Then, import 'er back in and let it play as a standalone file rather than a stack of effects horking all your juice instead. I "mixdown" effects stacks like this sometimes. Take a wee bit of time, but after that, everything plays and renders more smoothly.
If you share your system specs, and info on your footage, we can give better advice.
I actually found another solution! I had "Render at maximum depth" and "Use Maximum Render Quality" selected in the export settings, and when I deselected this the masks exported just fine.
This is awesome advice though (I had a personal contact suggest the same!), and I'll definitely try this with heavy-effect projects moving forward.