Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open captions are disappearing when I adjust their length

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please help,

I've been working on a project for the last several days, adding open captions and so forth, and for whatever reason, today (on the third day of the project), when I choose to adjust my open caption length (each separate caption), they decide to delete.

So, for example, I have a huge sequence of captions. When reviewing my project, I found a mistake within two captions that I wanted to correct, i.e. I wanted to split a sentence into two separate captions so that the captions would flow with the dialogue.

I deleted the entire (initial, full length) caption to create the following two. I created the first (following) one, and when trying to adjust the length (from the initial 3 seconds) of such caption, premier decides to delete the caption. Same would go for the next one I would try to create.

The project is due today and this is very frustrating. I've searched the web and have found nothing. Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured out the problem in my case. For some reason the caption disappears when I type the letter F and I together, and only appears again when I separate them. I was using the default Lucida Grande as the font for my captions. The problem was solved when I chose a different font like Helvetica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ,

For more information, see my 3 posts here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adding-caption-crash-premiere/m-p/13071298#M...

I don't recall captions disappearing with ligatures, but that is what you got. You must have changed to a font that does not include ligatures.

If you want to use a font that does, just turn them off by right-clicking the caption track header, pick Track Settings, and deselect ligatures.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been dealing with this problem for about 3 days now. I may have found a workaround. I happened to duplicate the captions and bring it above to the v3 bar. and the captions worked fine. I THEN tested taking the original just one channel above and will you believe it, it WORKED. So not sure if it's something to do with the channel, highly unlikely, but hey, if it works, I ain't complaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines