Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Captions Problems

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys can not find guide or help files to do this:

1. All imported files like XML or SRT end up in a 720 x 480 size, anyway to change that? I'm working with 1080

2. Anyway to change all Styles when imported or select all lines to change it?

3. If I select the source settings the media goes offline...

Thanks guys

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

After multiple calls and email with Adobe support I finally got this response:

we would like to inform you that the issue related to .srt file in premier pro seems to be a known issue to us hopefully in our next update we will fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with 720x480 over here: Problems converting Closed Captions to Open Captions in Premiere 2015.4

Have you found any work arounds?

I also tried converting my SRT to a MCC (which is supposedly a higher-rez caption format), but it still imports at 720x480. I even exported an HD caption from premiere and re-imported it, and it came back as 720x480

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found any workaround,  and what's wrong with adobe? At least tell us is a bug or you are working on it. So much hype and promotions for this new tools and the Dont work at all. Is absud that the programmers  didn't thought about that before  launching the new application 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, when I import a .srt file that I created myself, it comes in at a 720 x 480 resolution. How do I import it in HD? Do I just scale to frame size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you cant scale it because you will loose quality on the text. Still no answer from adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue.  Caption file importing at incorrect size  Any kind of support from Adobe would be great.  Can not get anyone to answer this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After multiple calls and email with Adobe support I finally got this response:

we would like to inform you that the issue related to .srt file in premier pro seems to be a known issue to us hopefully in our next update we will fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!

I just found the solution:

1. Import the .srt archive

2. Select the archive in project

3. Go to Clip > Modify > Interpret Footage

4. Then configure your caption footage for the right parameters, like i did, changing 720x480 for 1920x1080 for example.

If you need, you also can change your Timebase and Pixel Aspect Ratio.

5. After that, just click OK and it's all done!

If you have any issue, like the first line of your subtitle stuck at the first paragraph, just delete the archive and re-import.

Hope help all! ! Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's cool, RodrigoLuques_. You may want to change the pixel aspect ratio to square, however. I'll see if I can get this workaround into the docs.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does not work, as it still is at the scale of 720x480, which then requires a scale up and the subsequent low-res look.  Come on Adobe--720x480?! 2001 is calling, they want to know why you're still in SD rez...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines