• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenCL removed in Premiere Pro 15.4?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why oh why?! This time they updated a new version 15.0 Premiere pro? I've been having difficulties fixing the glitching part and now I'd figured out then the settings (Render part) that I'm using was totally gone. Before they have 3 options and now It's 2 options, they removed the one that I'm using called "Mercury Playback Engine Acceleration GPU (OpenCL). How can I use the old version? Because even when I call the customer service they couldn't figure out as well until I did deeply research regarding of my problem. 😞 I have mixed emotions right now.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Adobe completely removed OpenCL support for macOS beginning with this new 15.4 release. You'll have to use Metal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe completely removed OpenCL support for macOS beginning with this new 15.4 release. You'll have to use Metal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not help you but for our business we have moved to Davinci Studio. It is seriously a better program than Premiere. I have used Premiere for 7 years since FCP7 got axed. However the constant upgrade/bugs/laggy playback drove me mad. A friend said I should try Davinci and I have not regretted it. With everything being in one application, there is no need to roundtrip to Audition, Media Encoder or After Effects. Download the free version and try it out. Allow about a 4 week learniong curve to feel comfortable doing bigger projects. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel you bro, I can't use my eGPU now since open CL is gone, it's just foolish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines