• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening an existing project in Premiere 2022

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to Premiere 2022 yesterday morning. Opened an existing project I'm working on. Premiere pops the message that my project needs to be converted to 2022 format. Click OK. When my workspace appears there's no sequence, my media bin is empty, no timeline, no play window, nothing. See screengrab. What's up with this? Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Yes, good idea to finish a project first. I was working on an AE project Monday/Tues when I needed to finish,  so waited until Weds to upgrade. 🙂 Though everything is working as expected with v22.

Do delete your cache before every upgrade.

Delete your cache files as follows. (Close Premiere Pro) 
The files are located here, Paste the whole line below into File Explorer:
%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

Simply delete the three folders:
•• Media Cache
•• Media Cache Files
•• Peak Files

Premie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to take a guess and suggest it didn't work. Did you try it again? I just did with a multi-cam project and all appears well. I notice you didn't use the suggested file name which appends a '_1 ' to the project, as long as you still have the original, try opening it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appends it with _01 automatically and the original remains. It's the _01 converted version that shows that screen of fear. I made the mistake of checking the box "uninstall previous verisons" when I updated to 2022. I reinstalled the prior version in order to finish my project. I'm reinstalling 2022 now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, good idea to finish a project first. I was working on an AE project Monday/Tues when I needed to finish,  so waited until Weds to upgrade. 🙂 Though everything is working as expected with v22.

Do delete your cache before every upgrade.

Delete your cache files as follows. (Close Premiere Pro) 
The files are located here, Paste the whole line below into File Explorer:
%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

Simply delete the three folders:
•• Media Cache
•• Media Cache Files
•• Peak Files

Premiere Pro will automatically create the folders and files it needs as you edit. I do this before every upgrade. And/or if things seem to go strange. I also keep a desktop shortcut to this folder for quick access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

Then create a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I had uninstalled 2022 and reinstalled v15 to finish my project. I cleared cache in v15 then reinstalled 2022 without removing v15 (just in case). I opened 2022 and cleared the cache there too (who knows) and created a new project. I "Imported" the old project as suggested above but the same result, didn't work. But then I just file/open my old project, get the conversion warning box, click OK, and everything came in perfectly this time! So I'd say your clear media cache trick worked. Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines