• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening at least 5 Projects within the Main Premiere Pro Project

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I have brought these projects into Premiere Pro 2021 - How can they all be saved as ONE Project so that it is not necessary to search for them again and bring them back into the Premiere Pro Project?  I'm sensing that the Sequences hold the key, but i have not tested it yet. Does anyone have any insight into this?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to the Media Browser panel and select a project file, and then import the  contents of that project into the current one.

I've gone to using the Productions mode of Premiere however in my small shop. Every project in my 2021/15.x Premiere work is in the same Production, in their own folders. I can have all my b-roll footage, graphics, audio, everything available for any project without needing to import them into that project.

Charmed, thoroughly charmed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to answer Neil, I appreciate it very much!

I'm still reviewing your answer:  "Production mode of Premiere." I'm not sure what 15.x Premiere work is in the same Production, in their own folders... are you saying to move the Active Productions into the Group Folder that is attached to the Main Project; in my case the Main Projects URL & Name is: V:\4-19-2021 8th Grade Boys Graduation Photos 4th Floor\Montage Elements, Music. This does make sense... I'm still under the belief that whatever is in the Main Sequence/Timeline will be available no matter where it's coming from in - Main Production - once it's in the Master Sequence.

Let me test this out and see what happens - at least there's a concept to try and I will.
Thank you Neil, I'll give it a try.
Layne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you currently working in Productions mode? That is what it seems like from your response.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, what makes it Production Mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked it up Neil - I'm beginning to understand:

From Adobe: The new Production panel in Premiere Pro provides a
 command center for managing multi- project workflows. Any projects you add to the Productions folder become part of the production. Whether you are working on macOS or Windows, any changes you make on disk are reflected in Premiere Pro; changes in Premiere Pro are applied on disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really great Neil - thank you so much for directing me there - It is a real eye opener and I'm really glad to have found this out !!

Let's keep in touch,

All the best,

Layne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, I use the Dynamic Link function a lot in Premiere Pro via  After-effects - are there any limitations using Dynamic Linking when working in Productions Mode?
Thank you!
Layne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I'm aware of ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil! Looking forward to starting my first Productions Mode project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just heard back from Karl Soule who works with Adobe and has extensive knowlege on the Production mode in Premiere Pro:

My question to him
:
 Hi Karl, saw your tutorial on Productions a few days ago - so glad I tuned-in!! Big help! This will broaden my skills for the larger production projects I'm doing, which is much needed! I'm still approaching this slowly - I use the Dynamic Link function a lot in Premiere Pro via After-effects - are there any limitations using Dynamic Linking when working in Productions?

Hi Layne! No limitations on Dynamic Link - Productions use standard Premiere Pro project files. We recommend keeping the AE project files separate from the Production folder with the Premiere Pro projects, but that's the only guidance - it's pretty straightforward.

Here's the link to Jason Levine & Karl Soule's live streaming video tutorial for Productions mode in Premiere Pro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1oEfX4oTAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines