• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Multiple projects in a production

Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the problem , that when we open a Production with several Projects in, that when i like to open a second project, he always closes the first project . We tried it on a networks storage, tried it on a local SSD. Every time we try it fails. Adobe 2020 - adobe 22.3 and so. In the debug data base we activated. : Allow multiple projects. But still problem stays with several PC's and several editors . Anybody has any idea on this problem. 

Specs : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2637 v4 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz (2 processors), Ram : 64.0 GB 

Windows version : Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

10 Gig network connection to the storage. But also on the lokal NVMe SSD local.

Adobe version : several but also on the 22.2  version. 

I upload a film on the issue, but again on the new premiere it is the same . 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neckebba,

Sorry. Have you tried any common troubleshooting steps like deleting media cache and resetting preferences?

In the debug data base we activated. : Allow multiple projects. But still problem stays with several PC's and several editors . Anybody has any idea on this problem. 

Please don't disturb the engineering tools, they are not meant to toy with. From what engineering says, if you have enabled other switches and features, it could easily break the application, including the issue you are experiencing right now. I'd reinstall the application if this is the case. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Kevin,

Yes we cleared all cashes, we reset the preferences.

The allow multiple projects tab in the debug database was one of the things we needed to turn of when we had discussions at VRT with the Adobe engineers. Now because we use productions off course we put it back on, but that setting is been pushed to everybody so , multiple projects should be on at all 400 editors.

I mainly wanted to know if other people had the same issues.

Like now (here is night) i wanted to check something Bruce Bullis asked me too ... and even without making ANY change (all was still open, even my vpn was still connected ) everything looks like it works? So we have a bit of a big mistery, why it changes without us doing anything yet.

But I am seeing this : 

I open premiere and make a project 1, then I make project  2 :  Project 1 and 2 are open.
I close project 1. And project 2
I open my productions and I can open multiple projects … it just works 

Another thing  :
I open my production.

- I open project 1  
- Then open project 2 —— project 1 closes =  Problem 
If now I say : MAKE NEW PROJECT , let us call it number 3 : Adobe opens project3  AND leaves project 2 open.
If I now open project 1 - all the projects stay open …

So looks like the debug flag needs a “shaken up” ? Or something ? 
I just did a reset op my preferences. But that did not fixed it.

I made a short video on it… do you see any strange behavior? (I mean beside that I am in the begin not able to open multiple projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines