• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening multiple timelines on new computer

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to save and open multiple timelines to a new computer?

Hey there, I just purchased a brand new computer and am working on an extensive documentary. This project uses multiple timelines in my workspace that I constantly flip through for different pieces of footage. However, when I go to “file - save a copy” and then open the project on my new computer, only the timeline which was on screen is saved to the .proj file.
Is there a way to save an entire project with ALL the timelines in tact? Or will I need to save 7 different project files, and then merge them on my new computer? Let me know if you need photo references.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Daniel,

"Workspaces" may save which sequences are open. So on reopening or switching workspaces, you may not have the same sequences open in the Timeline Panel. Make sure you are in the Workspace you want, then just reopen the sequences that are not open. This should be a continuing problem, and there's no reason to use separate Project files to handle multiple Sequences.

If that is not the issue, yes, give us a screenshot.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines