• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening new projs in older versions | Why | Thoughts

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe lock projects so they can't be opened in older versions? Sometimes, well, often we need to go back and forth in versions at the prod house Im at. We are forced to go in and use Josh C.s downgrade feature (when it's working on his site) and other things like it. 

Why not - if it's just an XML file in gzip(whatever that means...not a coder) - why not just make a feature in Premiere to allow moving between the last 2-3 versions?? 

ALSO WHY oh WHY did they keep the same Pr icon for versions 14 and 15?? Didn't thknk that one through did ya, Adobe? 

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post your request here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

The icon had not been changed from CS6 through 2019 either..............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hmm.. well, I certainly can't speak for Adobe and what they are doing in the background, I can speak from a programmer's standpoint.

When an app has to load in "configuration" files, like a project or whatever, it has to know where to put things, how to put things, timing, spacing, placement, colors, fonts, text etc etc etc.. If Adobe had to maintain all of these things over several iterations of the software, I'd imagine they'd have such bloated code it would be crazy. Let alone the bug fixing they'd have to be all over forever. Having something backwards compatible is HARD, which is why it's usually touted as an amazing thing, because it is. Especially for such an intricate piece of software.

More or less I would say that it's done this way because it's too easy to introduce bugs with such code and it's unneeded as it's possible to go back a few versions anyways if need be. Clean up the code, make it simple and reduce risk of bugs. There you go 🙂

As for the icon.. who knows. I'm sure they thought it through but are maybe kicking themselves for not hiring you to set them straight 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines