• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening New "Window" in premiere causes program to freeze

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to edit a very important heartfelt video for my family, and earlier today I was having problems even opening the project file that I had no problem with editing in just a week ago, everytime I opened premiere and hit the project it would freeze on a grey screen and I could only task manage the program to make it stop, then after making a new project and importing the file I was able to get in, but everytime I want to edit the project now I need to make a new entire project and import it. Also while editing the project if I open any "Window" such as Audio Channels or anything that would open a pop up window, it freezes and I get nothing but a window error sound when I click anywhere on the program. I am very disapointed that a program I pay half a grand on a year is less useable than Imovie at times.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your hardware? What is the media file/s you're using, and created by what?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Flynn5EA5!

Sorry about that. Have you ready tried resetting preferences? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premie...

Also, try deleting cache files: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seco...

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines