• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opinions on purchasing new system

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I am a video editor for a live event production company. I currently work on a late 2013 Mac trash can and it's definitely showing it's age. To ease some of the stress on it, I also work off of a portable Smalltree shared storage.

I'm looking to upgrade my system and was curious on people's thoughts of possibly building a PC or maybe getting the Mac Studio. My boss isn't exactly bothered by price, but don't exactly want to break the bank on a beefy Mac Tower when you could build an insane PC for cheaper.

Any thoughts or advice? Pros or cons on either?

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My best advice is to check on this forum's allied Video Hardware forum ... and check with Puget Systems both for their 'white papers' and build parts & prices. My current rig is a Puget, 24 core 3960X Ryzen, 128GB of RAM, 2080Ti, twin Nvme drives one for OS/programs, the other all cache files, and like eight other large internal SSDs, a couple large spinning discs.

It's working Pr, Ae, Audtion, and Resolve pretty nicely.

But check the Hardware forum. There's some great advice there (and on here) about Macs too.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines