• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

optical flow anomaly

Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I'm working on a 13" macbookpro M1 2020 running Monterey (but this also happened in Big Sur - just did an update) and just updated to premiere 22.1.2 (but also tried it on 22 intel)

so I'm working on a piece shot in an art gallery.  The cameraperson was using an iphone X (I think) shooting 1080 29.97 fps variable frame rate with a dji OM5 gimbel.  I've used EditReady to convert the mp4 footage to prores constant frame rate (double checked that it was constant in media info).  I applied a speed adjustment (using the clip:  speed/duration) to 25% and saw some weirdness with optical flow and there are a number of places where the clip jumps back a few frames for a few frames and then jumps ahead.  I tried editing out the repeated frames but the motion isn't quite smooth...  I did a quick test at 50% and it looks great....  and then decided to do a bunch of tests.

trying an export now to see if the problem persists...

10% good, 15% NG,  20% good, 25% NG, 30% NG, 35% NG, 40, 45 and 50 are all good.   I know optical flow is always a bit of an adventure but never seen this issue.    Not a big deal to spend some time to find the sweet spot, but wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what's going on.  

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and it seems like the problem is still there after export but not consistently.  for example there was one anomaly in the 10% slowdown in the export while it wasn't there in the rendered sequence.  I did not "use previews" in the export.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just did a test with the 25% test by replacing with AE comp and setting the frameblending for the layer to pixel motion and then did a render and replace in Premiere for that AE comp there are no problems.    Will probably use this workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael Grenadier , 

Can you please try the latest beta build once? We have done some export improvements in the latest beta builds. You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please try and let us know how it goes in the beta build. If you still see this issue in beta builds, please share your original footage/Project file & export settings. We will check it at our end.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems to have fixed the issue.  There was one shot that was extremely problematic that I rerendered in the beta and seems fine.  Since the issue was intermittent and unpredictable, I can't say that everything is working perfectly, but I've been using the beta for the last week without any issues where I was consstantly seeing this problem on the release version, so I think we're good to go...  Happy to test anything specific if that would help...  Thanks for reaching out to me.  I haven't installed any betas before because I've never had any serious issues that I couldn't solve or workaround...    Thanks as always to the adobe team.   Must be nice to see an occasoinal post here that doesn't insult you and everyone at adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, @Michael Grenadier for the detailed update and kind words 🙂 

We strive to provide the best product quality and seamless experience to our users.

Let us know in case you see any issues.

Always ready to help,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines