• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OutPoints

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In preparation for marking the Outpoint, I typically hit the End key which moves the playhead to the end of the last frame.  If I then mark this as the Outpoint, it highlights the blank frame just past the last video frame.  Is this the correct way to mark an Outpoint or should I back up one frame from End so that the last video frame is highlighted when marking it as the Outpoint?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, you need to go to the end and back up one frame. As the CTI always counts the frame past it as the active frame.

There's a keyboard short to go to the last frame of a clip, rather than to the next edit point. That might work better for you ... as then, you're "there".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I finally found it.  It's Shift+End in Windows.   What does CTI stand for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Current Time Indicator ... sweet name, right?  lol

Yea, learning exactly what you really need to do, not what you thought you did, is one of the big learning processes of the whole video post "thang".

And the great joy? .... It never, ever, stops ....

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines