Copied

Bonjouer je n'arrice pas à ouvrir un projet premiere 2020 sur premiere 2022 M1

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Hello,

Try this: create a new, empty project in 2022. Then choose IMPORT and select the 2020 project. 

You can import Premiere Pro projects into other projects; often this is the best way to update older projects to the newer verions, rather than opening them directly.

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

You should be able to open previous projects,  though that isn't really the best way to migrate a project forward.

I would recommend creating a new project in the 2022 version. Go to the Media Browser panel in Premiere, navigate to the old version project file.

Select it, right-click and import the assets of that file into the new one.

You get the previous project but in a cleaner project file/form for the newer version of Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Try this: create a new, empty project in 2022. Then choose IMPORT and select the 2020 project. 

You can import Premiere Pro projects into other projects; often this is the best way to update older projects to the newer verions, rather than opening them directly.

JVK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi !

I have a similar issue : some of my teamprojects cannot open due to an error code :1609629695

I think it might be related to updating premiere to 22.2 although it was working fine on 22.0

I'd like to try importing these teamprojects into new one, but I think it works only on regular projects (not teamprojects) 
Could you please help me on this? I'm getting very concerned as it touches on months of work...
Thanks,

Omar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to open previous projects,  though that isn't really the best way to migrate a project forward.

I would recommend creating a new project in the 2022 version. Go to the Media Browser panel in Premiere, navigate to the old version project file.

Select it, right-click and import the assets of that file into the new one.

You get the previous project but in a cleaner project file/form for the newer version of Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines