• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OVER THESE SONY A7SIII PLAYBACK ISSUES

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a specced up Macbook Pro and just purchased a Sony A7Siii.  I am out on the road for 6 weeks and editing on the fly. These Playback issues are absolutely killing me.

Can a Sony Rep please tell me when this will be fixed for us.  I am even back to using 2021 and it works intermittently but still issues that slow mer down and drive me crazy. I just don't have time to be making proxies all the time and shouldn't bloody have to.  Has anyone got another recent fix as yet??

FIX THIS PLEASE ADOBE!!!!!!!!

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format/codec are you shooting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shooting 4K/100fps 3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 10bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just took a look at your shooting settings, and found that the S7AIII shoots only in the very worst codecs for editing. Only H.264 and HEVC are available at all with your camera, and that the only way to shoot 10-bit 4:2:0 would be to use HEVC. Worse, 100 FPS is extremely taxing, even brutal, on even the biggest, most powerful supercomputer with hundreds of CPU cores, especially in the HEVC codec.

And how old is your MacBook Pro? That has a significant bearing. And those older Intel-powered MacBooks were never as powerful (performance-wise) as their Windows counterparts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet it works just fine on Final Cut Pro? I have used Premiere all my professional life and this just isn't good enough. This problem is all over the internet. We need a fix urgently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

every editing software solution has it's pluses and minuses...  so if you're married to the premiere interface (as I am) you might have to either transcode your source material to a more editfirendly format like the appropriate flavor of prores or use a proxy workflow which Premiee does a great job with...   You also might find a 3rd party program, Editready (https://hedge.video/editready/features) a useful tool for transcoding and creating proxies...

You might also try Davinci Resolve for editing.  Although nowhere near as full featured and intuitive as Premiere, it does seem more responsive than Premiere with problematic material and it's interface is much closer to Premiere than FCP's.  And there's a free version that might do the trick.

You might also try changing your render setting in project settings to software.  I use an old macbookpro (2012) when I need to work at a clients and that makes a big difference in performance.   Of course you take a big hit when you render but basic editing is much more responsive...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines