• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overheating using Premiere pro with a new i9 Macbook Pro

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Macbook Pro i9 16 '' with 32Gb Ram overheats using Adobe Premiere.

Anyone have the same problem?
Has anyone found a solution?
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Premiere Pro forum.

If you want help we need more info:

FAQ what info should I give....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever resolve your overheating issue?. I'm on the same machine, 2019 16in MBP i9, 8 core, 64gb running Adobe Premier and have serious heat issues that slow my machine way down making render time hours when they used to be minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems with my MCB. In Activity Monitor, kernel task goes over 1000 % CPU usage any time I am editing. I am using proxies of my .R3D footage as well. This issue slows me down considerably and is quite frustrating because I am a very fast editor and this program is completely taking me out of my rythym and making me have to stop editing for 5min or so to let the cpu and kernel task go back to normal. Then I get about 3-5min editing normally before everything gets really slow again. Also, on exports, my computer is pretty much rendered useless. I can't type or do anything while I'm exporting.

CPU SPECS:

macOS Monterey

Version 12.3.1

MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2019)

Processor:  2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory:  64GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD (4TB) 1.68TB available

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB

Software:  Premiere Pro 2022 (version 22.3.1 Build 2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that you are experiencing this roughly about the same time I'm experiencing this. My MBP is not quite as tricked out as yours, but is comparable. I wonder if a Premiere Pro update could ultimately be the cause of this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Going through the same BS. My 19 2019 macbook pro spec are maxed out. I even have an 8tb ssd and its giving me BS. The onyl way around it for me is to work in cold conditions, remove the 4k samsung widescreen monitor im using and to remove power. Also I'm working on low battery mode 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines