Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packing a 100gb project

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello users.

I Have a project I need to send to a collegue. 

The total project a 100gb - and when I go to Project manager for making a copy, and exclude unused files, its still 80gb which is to much. 
Can I do it otherways? 

Thanks in advance. 
Michael

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a warning that the Project manager is buggy.

That said, if you need your project smaller then switch to Consolidate and transcode and then add handles. This will allow you to send just the media you're using in the edit, instead of a whole clip/take. How long this takes and how successful depends on your media type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox professional?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try our Third Party Plugin "PlumePack". It is free for Collect & Copy. With the "Analysis" button you should be able to see how many space you will save on your project. PlumePack is generally better than the Project Manager to compute which file is used or not. 

With the Premium version of PlumePack, you have more "structure" settings and you can also trim the files : it means only copy the used part of it, without encoding, keeping the exact same quality, codec, metadata, ... Note that trimming is only supported on some codecs (ProRes, Cineform, DNxHD, BRAW, R3D, Image Sequences, ...). 
More info + Free download : https://www.autokroma.com/PlumePack 
Best,
Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info, Nicolas. Looks like a cool product. 

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines