• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panels in incorrect place every time I start Prmmiere...

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've spent considerable time on this with Adobe and they are totally clueless.....

99.9999% of the time when I start premiere my workspace is setup correctly EXCEPT for my project window starts in my effects window. I have to reposition this each and every time. We went through the caches, etc but no luck. They had no idea what to do. It's a small thing but very tedious. 

Anyone else see this?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, I have 9 custom workspaces, NONE of which have the Project panel on the 'main' Premiere UI screen. In all cases it is moved to a a panel group on my left monitor. Inside the Production panel.

And every couple times I open, one or all of the open projects of that Production will be in the lower-left panel group of the main window, so I have to drag them back to the right place. "Reset to saved workspace" doesn't do it.

Also, when I do (rarely) work in a standalone project, this happens also ... every second or third time I open the project.

I've complained about it FOR YEARS.

@TrentHappel  ... anyone on the team have a response?   😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I do not have an answer, but I have forwarded this on to the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Trent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project panel is generally on the main ui window and it opening in the wrong place every other start or so. So, right now it is opening on the far right bar of options where Lumetri and Essential graphics are. And I want it on the left with only the ECP.

I think some time should be spent on these to get it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines