Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pannels freezing with nested sequences

Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!
I've been having a problem with pannels freezing ever since I updated to ver 15.1.0 .
The pannels (all of them, even the menu at the top) don't necessarilly become unresponsive, they only stop giving me visual feedback of what I'm doing unless I zoom really close into the timeline.
I notice the problem occurs whenever I have nested sequences within my timeline. Smaller ones don't seem to affect much, but anything beyond 8 or 10 seconds completely freezes my pannels.
Has anyone had this problem before?

My computer specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
16 GB DDR4 RAM

one 500GB SSD for system and programs and two 1TB HDs

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

There is a known issue with nested clips. The nested audio is the culprit.

Open nest, copy audio and paste that in the main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That system is a bit underpowered for Premiere Pro, but it shouldn't freeze.

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-fix-for-nvidia-gpu-crashes-when-using-a-laptop-on-wi....

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Current system is a maxed out macbook pro. i9 2.4, 64gb ram, HMB graphics card. But i do need to update my profile. It runs/renders 6k pretty well. These files are 10bit 4k as 80% of my edits are stired on a external M.2 ssd.

I have 4 series that i edit weekly. I had to the same to a different one. I thought it was because of the number of SEQs(58x) i had. However, this project only has 19 SEQs in it. 
It also happened on a 3min project with only 1 SEQ. In that project it happened mid edit. 

I cleared the cache but did not reset prefs. i wil try that. I ended up creating a new project which i will merge with the original later.

NESTED SEQs?

The sequence that it locked up in this time had no clips on the line until i added 2 via overwrite & insert for the second to test if doing one over the other would make a difference. This SEQ was locked with nothing on the TL.
The previous 18-episodes might have had 10 nest total with some AE comps (which could be considered a nest i guess).

I have about 7 episodes out of 58 where i use some drag and drop transitions that required importing a separate project to copy/paste the 1-3 layer that make up the transition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue with nested clips. The nested audio is the culprit.

Open nest, copy audio and paste that in the main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallejuah!
Thank you so much Ann, I would never have imagined that a visual feedback problem had something to do with an audio clip. I did what you said and it's working smoothly so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good temporary solution to know! It's still extremely problematic when working with my older projects and I've been having this issue for at least a month now, I very much hope it can be fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update: Premiere 2021 really seems to hate nested audios. I need to nest a music track to add a reverb effect, so I'm not even using video in this nested sequence, still it freezes all my pannels.
Never had this problem on older versions though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed bug.

Another workaround is turning off the audio waveform.

Add effect, export as wave and put that on timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

audio is not nested but some have been round tripped to Audition. But even with nothing on the TL its locked in that project now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines