• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Partial blurry video at start ( then looks crisp )

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first post. Thx for reading...

Shot video in 1920/1080 w Sony A7sII at 60fps.

Just to be clear, I watched a lot of videos on getting settings, everything crisp for export for YouTube - and the video is blurry at the beginning and then it's super crisp the last 3/4. The video is 90 seconds long.

Can someone help with this? Searched for this / there's no topic close to this. I'm at a loss.

-Scott

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it look OK on the timeline before export?

Does it look OK on the timeline if you bring the exported file into Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you may have already tried a few things you've discovered from other sources but just in case ...

What are your export settings?

It's possible your export datarate is too low.

Try (for instance) the H.264/YouTube FullHD preset when exporting if you are not already using this.

If you are already using a preset or datarate like that found in the above preset - try increasing the datarate to (say) 25Mbps.

The only other thing that comes to mind is - how does the 90 second video start? Does it fade up from black to a complex scene? i.e. water, foliage, fast motion etc.

Have you tried exporting from Premiere Pro to a high quality codec (like ProresHQ) and then dropped that file into Media Encoder for encoding to H.264?

If possible post a link to the video so people here can see the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it looks OK on the timeline if you bring the exported file into Premiere Pro, then it is likely a YouTube issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I had the same problem.

Last night I exported a video with the baked-in preset - "YouTube 1080p Full HD" which is set to "Variable Bit Rate, 1 Pass." I found a short section of the video which looked very compressed and blurry and then became crisp like you explained. I changed the Bitrate Encoding to "VBR, 2 pass" and the problem didn't show up. I then changed the Bitrate Encoding to "Constant Bit Rate" and had no problem with that section. I'm on an M1 Macbook Pro using Premiere Pro V 22.2.0. I'd never experienced this before.

However, I normally export Quicktime MOV 422 and upload that file to YouTube and let them handle the compression.YouTube 1080p Preset (No changes)YouTube 1080p Preset (No changes)YouTube 1080p VRB 2 PassYouTube 1080p VRB 2 Pass

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines