• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasted Effect Settings Change on Playback

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else seeing Copy/Pasted Effects reverting to default settings upon playback?
Basic sequence of one video/audio track plus a text super. I add a Nosie Reduction effect to the audio (the auto-default settings are "Default", "Flat" focus and 40%). I set it to "Light Reduction", "Flat" and 10%. As soon as I play the sequence (either by itself or in a nested sequence) the settings change! They go back to "Default" and 40%. Have tried Saving at every step before playing it, with no luck.
Now, it appears to be only if I've pasted the effect in after copying it from another sequence. If I add it manually, it does seems to stay. And they appear to stay if I go in and change the settings back after they've changed initially (ie. after I've played it once.)

So, is Copy/Paste effects useless? If' I've spent time adding and tweaking effects to one sequence, I need to know that I can copy/paste them to other sequences WITH all of the settings, and not just pasting a default version of each effect!
(And thinking back, I think I've seen this behaviour previously with other effects like EQ - having to go back and reset them to what I want after a copy/paste/play.)

Anyone else seen this problem?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, meant to add Mac Premiere 15.4.0 on Big Sur (11.6), running on a MacBook Pro (mid-2015).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Have tried this finally (didn't have a time that I could afford to lose all of my preferences, but after exporting a video, to find out it left half of my audio out, had no other choice.) Inital tests seem to indicate that it's working, but will keep an eye on it for awhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines