• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC Export and Encode H.264 MOVs to MOV and MP4s to MOV and H.265 MOV to MOV lossless in same size?

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC (not Mac) Export and Encode H.264 MOVs to MOV and MP4s to MOV and H.265 MOV to MOV lossless in same size? 

My completed files must be lossless, but without increasing in size significantly in file size. I need the formats and the presets, for each of the three (3) examples to properly export them from Premiere Pro and the correct formats and presets to encode each of the three (3) file types found below. Also, please let me know if my system is adequate, I have provided my system information at the bottom for reference:

This is my process so far, just need to have the blanks - question marks provided:

Thank you,

Process for export and encoding of clips separately

• Select In and Out point and render clip
    •  Ctrl+M
    • Select Format: (?????)
    • Select Preset: (?????)
    • In “Output Name”: name clip and direct to correct output folder
    • Select Export (button at bottom)
    • Repeat Process with all clips
    • Now you’re ready to transcode them to MOV files

Encoding Process

• In the “Export” screen select “Queue”
  • You are now in the Media Encoder (ME) window
    • Select the “Export” folder where you have been saving your files. This is found on the left top of the ME screen in the “Media Browser”.
    • Hover over and click twice on each of the exported files. They will then appear in the “Queue” panel found on the left side of the ME.
    • Highlight all files for encoding in the “Queue” panel, then in select one of the dropdown buttons under a file name in the “Format” column and select the correct “Format” (????) and on the dropdown in the column to the left select the correct “Preset” (????).  All should now show “ready’ in the “Status” column.
    • On the upper left of the Queue panel select the green arrow by clicking it.
    • All files will now process through the ME to your destination folder. This will take some time to process.

Three(3) Clip Types

1 -Mavic 2 Pro MP4 H.264 to MOV

• Codec (Camera Video Coding): H.264 (8-bit)
  • Video Format: MP4
  • Full FOV; 3840X2160
  • Color:  Normal
  • Video Size: 4K @ 24 fps.
  • 24 FPS
  • Shutter: 1/40

2- Mavic 2 Pro MOV H.264 to MOV

• Codec (Camera Video Coding): H.264 (8-bit)
  • Video Format: MOV
  • Video Size: 4K @ 24 fps
  • Full FOV; 3840X2160
  • Color:  Normal
  • 24 FPS

3- Mavic 2 Pro Process MOV H.265 to MOV

• Codec (Camera Video Coding): H.265 (10-bit)
  • Video Format: MOV
  • Video Size: 4K @ 24
  • 4k HQ (High Quality) 3840x2160
  • Color: DLog-M.
  • 24 FPS

My Desktop PC Configuration

Editing Software: Premiere Pro (Creative Cloud subscription): Latest update 2022-02-12

OS:         Microsoft Windows 11 Pro, Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

Processor:          AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

Mother Board:  MSI B450-A PRO (MS-7B86)

Graphics Card:  Radeon RX 590 Series (RX-590P8D)

System Type       x64-based PC

Internal M.2 SSD:  Samsung 980 PRO 1TB (750GB free) PCIe NVMe Gen4 Internal Gaming SSD M.2 (MZ-V8P1T0B)

External M.2 SSD:  Samsung 970 EVO Plus Series - 250GB (200GB free) PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD

External USB Hard Drives: WD Elements, ~95.7 mb/sec write, ~102.15 mb/sec read

RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair LPX 32GB DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit for DDR4 Systems

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

premiere only supports lossless editing with some supported codecs in smart rendering. 

list is here

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/smart-rendering.html

so you will either need a somewhat lossly encode of +20% bitrate for mp4 to maintain visual quality, or use Prores or use a lossless editor like shutter encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines