• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

performSceneEditDetectionOnSelection doesn't work

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use scene detection in AP 14.7 at least using API. 

Testing script:

var seq = app.project.activeSequence;
var i0 = seq.videoTracks[0].clips[0];
var i2 = app.project.createNewSequenceFromClips(seq.name + '_temporary', i0.projectItem);
var i3 = i2.performSceneEditDetectionOnSelection('CreateMarkers', true, 'LowSensitivity');

I run it, a new sequence with specified clip is created, then modal window "Scene Edit Detection" hangs for a very long time without progress and nothing happens. If I make scene detection manually (through GUI context menu) AP works correctly. Also nothing happens if I change parameters 'Create Markers' or sensitivity.

TOPICS
Error or problem , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

First...why 14.7? 

Second, the function's name is performCutDetectionOnSelection(). I've since updated the docs. Here's a working code snippet:

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/blob/eea2d1a4a1f26b0e5913cf511590c3e1aa08268a/PProPanel/jsx/PPRO/Premiere.jsx#L2775

Third, I notice that you don't get or set any selection, before calling the function. That will limit its effectiveness. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First...why 14.7? 

Second, the function's name is performCutDetectionOnSelection(). I've since updated the docs. Here's a working code snippet:

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/blob/eea2d1a4a1f26b0e5913cf511590c3e1aa08268a/PProPanel/jsx/PPR...

Third, I notice that you don't get or set any selection, before calling the function. That will limit its effectiveness. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First. I'm using the same version that my partner has installed 🙂

Second. Thanks. Maybe I had an outdated document.

Third. It was a simply example. I took only one trackitem for temporary nested sequence. Globally the task is different. I want to get the array of cuts for each of trackitems and analize it further. Is it really to add any function for getting an array of cuts without cutting and any visible interference? For the present I see 2 ways: making temoprary sequences+using CutDetection function+counting cuts+deleting temporary sequence or using external tool such as FFMPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the second point; that wasn't you, it was us. Ok, me. 🙂

I'm not sure I follow your global, 'task is different' task description...The function is a method of the Sequence object, which operates on selected trackItems within that sequence. If you'd like to analyze everything in the sequence, select all trackItems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines