• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permiere 2023 performance issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found v23 to be the most unstable version to date, and it's making editng very tedious. 

I'm an expert editor, with 23 years of experience and this version requires some help. I have switched back to v22 for any new project as it runs well, no dropped frames, no freezing and much better general performance whilst scrubbing, moving clips and previewing.

Unfortunately i have many projects in v23 that i'm still working on.

I've checked all my settings and they mirror v22. I'm running plenty of RAM (256GB) and plenty of power in the processor and GPU.

Am i missing something. It's even sluggish on 1080p footage, and at times is impossible with 4K and 6.2K Raw.

It seems to start off well, then as time goes by get more and more sluggish until it eventually freezes for 30 secs at a time just to preview a frame. I dont; run other programs, regulalry empty cache, use separate media SSDs.

Any help would be welcomed

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm having this issue as well - it's just soo laggy in comparison to v22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update. Ive upgraded to 23.2.0 (build 69) and it seems to be working much better. Very responsive and no lag issues so far in the past two days of editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The UI is super laggy, despite insane computer specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

I recommend you upgrade to 23.2.0 (build 69). It's working great for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm already on this version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way! Sorry to hear you are still having issues. This new update has my machine running the way it should. It's a longshot but have you tried resetting preferences when premiere boots? (holding down option key when starting premiere) This has sometimes cleared issues for me in the past but then requires you set up as if it's a new install, so you'll need to go through all prefs and set them how you had them as well as all keyboard shortcuts and workspaces. It sucks but could be the difference between it working well or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did, and this worked temporarily before reverting back to its former self!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines