• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop file import error since 22.5

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since PPro 22.5 came out just a few weeks ago, I have been unable to import newly created PS files from a Thunderbolt-connected RAID. Error message reads "The importer reported a generic error." This does not happen when importing PS files into AE. Also, the recent PS update 23.4.2 has not fixed this bug. Has anyone else encountered this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generic errors are some of the worst, right?

Is there any chance that the PS file is in CMYK color mode?

As a workaround, what happens if you export a PNG from the layered PSD and try to import that?

Or use File > Export > Layers to Files on the Photoshop side and then layer the resulting files manually in a nested Sequence in the Premiere Pro side (not ideal, but should eliminiate anything that Premiere Pro may be having trouble recreating on the PR side).

Can you create a a PS file that has this unexpected issue and share it here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Warren-- thanks for the reply... No, it's not a CMYK issue (my first thought also). The problem is with the drive in question being connected to my laptop workstation via Thunderbolt Bridge. No PS files can be imported from that network location since PPro 22.5 (any PS files created prior to PPro 22.5 will import just fine from this drive). The workaround is to save the PS files directly to the local Macintosh HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that this matters, but is the device connected via Thunderbolt Bridge booted nomrally and using File Sharing, in Target Disk Mode (Intel Macs), or in Share Disk mode (M1 based Macs)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Warren-- yes, booted correctly, using Share Disk mode. I'm migrating my entire workstation from a 2013 Mac Pro to an M1 Max Laptop, and haven't replaced the RAID yet (a Rocstor T38 which is T2 and not compatible with M1 Macs), but am largely able to get by with the RAID that's still connected by T2 to the original desktop. Make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines