• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture Quality is not as assumed before encoding

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I worked on a new video, I have  the issue to export it with the color settings assumed from preview.

See preview in Prime and Export Settings:

BenWiechmannPhotography_4-1663601035743.png

And the result:

BenWiechmannPhotography_5-1663601083234.png

I have no clue were to find the misstake.

Maybe anyone has a gret tipp?

Many thanks to all of you.

BR Ben

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2022 version has a completely new underlying color system. In the past, Premiere was expecting and built around working with SDR Rec.709 media. No longer.

So what you have there is a clip that was either shot in HLG color space in the camera, or perhaps is a log-encoded clip that Premiere is assuming is meant to be in HLG due to it being shot in log. And even if you use Lumetri to make the clip look 'normal' on a Rec.709 sequence, Premiere will still export the clip using HLG data and dynamic range for that clip.

Hence, what you're seeing there.

Either way, whether it's an HLG or just log-encoded (and mis-intrepreted) clip, you need to select the clip or clips in the Project panel, right-click, Modify/Interpret Footage, and set the Override value to Rec.709.

What is the media, as in made by what camera or device, and what color space is it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

thanks, that might be an idea. I use a Canon 5D M IV for my videos. I have also the same issue with the desptop records performed with NVIDIA GeForce expirience.

The Canon is set to PAL system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines