• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures do not change smoothly

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a problem with my pictures not running smoothly. I am making an intro video where picture as in on of the early marvel intros are coming into the picture from above but a lot slower so that you're able to see the pictures. In action everything works fine but the pictures are not coming down smoothly and it seems like I am only having 3 FPS. For this action I am using Video Motion ( the first thing on effect controls ) and Fast Blur. I've tried to change the blurriness but they're just not appearing as smooth as it should. 

What am I doing wrong and is there a better way to edit it ? 

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What framerate is your sequence set to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I check that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want true motion blur you need to use After Effects. To just move items in you don't need an effect - just use the motion tab in the effects editor. As far as being not smooth, perhaps your system can't render all the effects in real time and it's dropping frames, you can check that by rendering the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer and I have tried to render the sequence as well as leaving the blur out but the pictures are still coming down in like two steps. They First make a little jump to half of the monitor and then kind of like jump down to the end. Seeming like I am only having 2 FPS. To make it more precise. The pictures come down at a speed of 0.5 seconds which is the standard of all. I then nest all of the pictures together and speed it up to 250 % so that I can nest these scenes together up to making a KeyFrame for Time remapping. I want the pictures to come in slowly and go faster and faster  by picture. I am using this kind of technique because as soon as I tried to speed the video up with time remapping the picture just went black. So instead of speeding up I put the video at a high speed and in the next step I slow it down to 5 % so my picture is not going to be black at some point . Is it maybe because I switch so much in speed ? Because as faster as it gets the smoother the pictures are. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are allowed to, could you share your project and media via Dropbox or Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I am not allowed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't understand your method but if your original keyframe time is say 12 frames in a 25P sequence or 15 frames in a 30fps sequence and you speed it up by 250% that is only going to leave you 4.8 frames or 6 frames. Depending on how long they spend out of frame this could well make it look like 2 frames.  So I think we've established speeding something up then slowing it down doesn't work - that's logical right - your losing information and then trying to invent the information you just lost.

It's just a wonky way of trying to achieve your end goal. You need to retime your source clips first, then do the moves in unless I'm misunderstanding your end goal. If your pictures went black it's because there is not enough frames to work with. If on the other hand you just want the pictures to move in faster and faster but the underlying clips remain at normal speed, then you just need to adjust the timing between keyframes as you go. 

Really - for something as complex as this you are much better off using After Effects. You'll get true motion blur, you get much better control over timing and keyframing is just a lot easier than it is PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out what my endgoal is but as I started using this program last week and I am not used to editing as I am just trying a lot of stuff. Anyway you did help me because I figured out a new way which should definitely work. I kinda like answered it myself while reading your answer :). Speeding Up then slowing down doesn't seem like the best method. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines