• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelated Video while editing

New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I'm very new to premiere pro, however I've edited around 7 videos and this is the first time facing this issue. On my camera which is a Canon EOS M100 I can watch my footage and it's clear, and the playback is perfect, however when I import it into premiere and watch my footage it lags and gets all pixelated throughout the video. I read online and watched several videos but nothing has worked, I'm convinced I bought to old of a camera for this software and I'm just not cut out for this 😞 please help me 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. I read online and watched several videos but nothing has worked, 

By @theBookofH

Tell us what does not work, so we are not repeating ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well atm I'm doing a software update and will have to try again after that because that could be a big thing, otherwise I've tried seeing if my content and the sequence settings don't match up, I tried changing the playback resolution, quite frankly all the tutorials were old and everything looks different now. I just don't even know where to start 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand this I'm sorry 😕 I have a newer MacBook with an M1chip. I tried doing a software update but it didn't work. I'm thinking about recording on a different sd card and trying again but this is so draining. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've tried all the options you gave me and attempted playback after each one, I'm not sure which one made it better sadly but something helped. however it is STILL happening every once and a while, maybe 30 secs to a min. I can always just cut it but I'm not sure if that will affect it on export or anything. Could I just try uninstalling premiere and reinstalling it to see if resets the application better? 

image.jpg

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could I just try uninstalling premiere and reinstalling it to see if resets the application better? 

 By @theBookofH

If you do, use the Cleaner Tool:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've tried a software update, I've tried re recording on a different card, no matter what, the playback is glitchy on premiere pro. And it's ONLY premiere pro, I can go on IMovie and it plays perfectly as well. I'm just so confused 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for all the options! I'll give them a shot when I get home and lyk 🙂 fingers crossed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't sure if you seen my recent thread but I still can't get it 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines