Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Playback audio keeps dropping out

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio during playback keeps dropping out. It will play for usually about 5 seconds, give or take, then will stop playing, and the audio meter on the right will drop to zero. If I pause then play the clip, the audio will start again until it drops out again. This obviously makes editing incredibly slow and frustrating.

IMPORTANT NOTE: audio only drops during VIDEO playback. When I play back just audio files, in the source monitor for example, or even if I toggle off the video channel in the sequence timeline the audio plays fine.

I have had this issue for quite some time. I have tried alternative solutions offered on other discussions, such as clearing the media cache, ensuring the media cache and project files were stored on the computer's drive, or ensuring that the session audio and system audio were matched. None of these solutions have worked.

I'm using version 22.5.0 of Premiere Pro, although this issue has persisted throughout various updates. Here are my specs:

Computer: Dell Preision 5540 from 2020

CPU: Intel i7-9750H

GPU: Nvidia Quadro T1000

The footage I'm using this instance is 4K footage using the DNxHR HQX 10-bit compressor.

Please let me know how I might be able to go about resolving this issue. Thank you!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MM,

Check out the minimum system requirements for 4K. Unfortunately, you might be a little short if you're punching above your weight there, depending on the duration of the sequence, effects applied, etc. Rendering the audio may be something you can try. You might also resolve the issue by using proxies for the 4K footage. If you need help, let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines