Playback freezes consistently. I can still move my playhead just nothing plays.

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing on the m1 max and for some reason after a while of editing my playback sort of freezes on one frame. I also noticed that I can get it to freeze quicker but clicking off of premiere and dragging a clip into it.

I then tried to switch into a different workspace and it just crashes.

My workflow is straight forward and the codecs are well within the Max's capabilities to utilize. Here were some "solutions" I tried that didn't work 😞

1. Clearing the cache

2. Downgrading Premiere Pro to 22.2

3. Updating my OS

4. Switching off GPU acceleration - this option is greyed out for me and I'm not sure how to change it

Anyone else dealing with this? Any suggestions would really be appreciated! Thanks!

System specs

M1 Max

Premiere Pro 22.4

Footage specs

• h.264

• mp4

• 10 bit 4k 24fps - Fx3

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Khoa22837208hil4,

My apologies for the issue.

• Are you having this problem with these specific h.264 files or all of them? For testing purposes, could you transcode your file to Prores and see if you are still experiencing the same issue.
  • For your issue related to Premiere crashing after changing the workspace, please try resetting your preferences.

Regards,

Ishan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines