• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback glitches when I press play, but later plays smoothly

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either when the video is in the source or programme playback windows, when I press play (even when the timeline is rendered) every time the playback jolts for a few frames, as well as the audio being choppy, until it seems to load and continues smoothly. But no matter where on the timeline I start the playback, it is jumpy for the first couple of seconds. I have a brand new laptop, and the latest 2023 version of premiere. Anything I can do other than reducing playback resolution (as have tried this and it doesn't help)

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

Sorry about that. Can we have more info about your new computer? What kind of video are you working with? Is it 4K from your phone or a video stream from a game? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new computer has a NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3050 Ti graphics card and 16GB (as well as all the other requirements that are listed on the adobe website). I am editing a camera mp4 1080x720 video. No 4k. I have checked the Task Manager and everything seems to be working smoothly with no strain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Hannah,

Please make sure you have updated to the latest GPU drivers. Download and install them from the NVIDIA site. Ensure you use the "studio drivers" and not the "game-ready drivers." Let me know the model of your CPU and the amount of RAM you have. That may help to know that.

Have you deleted the media cache? That is always a helpful step when troubleshooting playback issues.

Try also deleting video preview files by choosing Sequence > Delete Render Files.

If these steps don't help, right-click on the clip and choose Properties. In the last line of the readout, does it list the video as having a "variable frame rate" or a "constant frame rate?" That would be helpful to know. In either case, your camera footage might need to be transcoded

I have a DSLR that shoots H.264 in a constant frame rate, but it does not play well with a reasonably powerful computer. Transcoding in Media Encoder to ProRes LT solved it. 

You can transcode any constant rate footage in Media Encoder. If your clip contains a variable frame rate, you can transcode using a trusted third-party encoder like Shutter Encoder (free). I can recommend that tool. The editing codec I recommend is ProRes LT in either app. Let me know if transcoding your media helps. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines