• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with playback on one of my clips. To get segments of the clip into my timeline, I dragged from the source monitor, like I always do. But the video portion of this particular clip shows up as a freeze frame in the timeline, even though the audio transferred fine. In other words, I have roughly four minutes of footage with perfect audio but instead of video, just a freeze frame. I tried rendering the file and restarting premeire pro. No luck. Any sugggestions? 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi katec12042349,

We're sorry to hear about this. Let us know the source of the media file (captured on camera/screen recorded)? If it's happening with a specific media, have you tried transcoding the media file to check if the transcoded file is working properly in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

This media file was captured on a camera and the framerate is 29.97fps. I'm not sure what transcoding means, but I know this clip has the potential to playback smoothly in Premiere Pro because it does so in another project. In project A, the clip plays back fine. When I copy and paste that clip to project B, however, the video appears as a freeze frame. Any reccomendations? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same frame rate as my other footage (29.97fps). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

As Ann Bens said, if the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same frame rate as my other footage (29.97fps).  I attached a photo of the properties below. What's odd (and what I pointed out to Sumeet above) is that in project A, the clip plays back fine. When I copy and paste that clip to project B, however, the video appears as a freeze frame. Any reccomendations? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make new project and import project that is giving issues.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

FAQ: How to clear media cache files 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines