• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback lag on 16" M1 MacBook Pro (2021) with Slog 3 files

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a open box M1. Edited a video shot in ProRes the other day with no problems. Today I tried to start working on a video shot on a Sony a7siii, in 4K 10-bit Slog 3 in H.264. After I synced the clips, I couldn't even play the video back at 1/4 quality. I tried separating the clips into smaller groups so it would be less clips to have to playback at once but it still was super laggy. I tried several things people suggested on here and on YouTube, but nothing is working. It's impossible to edit a music video like this.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have same problems with you. M1pro macbook Pro 2021. 16 Gb. I have Sony A74. If you find a solution let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Benji,
Sorry about that. This format is non-performant. Certain Intel-based computers containing NVIDIA GPUs can playback the format, but the jury is still out on Mac ARM machines' performance. Let the team know about your dissatisfaction with ProRes performance and Mac ARM computers here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

As a workaround, I suggest transcoding to ProRes or creating ProRes proxies.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines