• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback lagging after upgrade to Big Sur

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Pro happily, no problems with playback. 

I just upgraded the operating system to Big Sur, and now the playback is lagging horribly - making it much harder to edit. I've tried rendering clips, tried adjusting resultion - in other words, all the generic things you do to try to resolve playback issues, but those have not made any difference.

Any ideas of what else might work?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading OS means your machine is needing more resources to run the OS, leaving less for other things, such as using Premiere.

If you do not plan upgrading, hardware might want to consider reverting to previous OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My machine is pretty respectably specced. If what you're suggesting is that there is no solution to this short of downgrading the entire operating system, then I suppose that's probably the prompt for me to switch to Final Cut Pro. Disappointing, but it's unusable the way it is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to share your machine specs and drive setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mallen,

Have you tried normal troubleshooting procedures, like, trashing preferences and deleting media cache? Is your Documents > Adobe folder have R/W permissions set properly? The Premiere Pro app have R/W permissions? Sometimes permissions can go amiss on macOS updates. Check these things and report back. Do also inform us about your media. H.264 media is non-performant no matter which system you are working with, if that is the case.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines