• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback lagging when proxies are enables but fine when disabled

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last couple of days this problems has come up when editing. When proxies are enabled and I press play the video playback lags then stops, but the audio continues. If I disable the proxies the playback is fine. The video resolution is 3840 x 1080 but the strange thing is when doing the same test on my other PC, it's completely fine with proxies and without. 

I have tried uninstalling premier, removing files from documents and reinstalling windows. 

my pc specs are:

Ryzen 9 3900X 

RTX 2080

16 GB RAM (3000mhz)

I did upgrade my motherboard and power supply the other day but can't see how that has changed anything. I have tried using different types of proxies, but no luck. 

please help me with this as I havent found anything online at all that has helped. 

thanks, Henry! 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Henry,

Sorry about the poor experience. For clarification, are you having this issue with both H.264 and Quicktime formats? Are your GPU drivers up to date? Please make sure to install the studio drivers and not the game ready ones. Are you having this issue with a specific source file or all of them? Let us know, we're here to help.

Regards,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ishan,

thanks for your response. The proxy file format im using the QuickTime, as the video file has multiple audio tracks. I have tried installing studio drivers instead of game ready and still the same problem sadly. The problem isn't just with one video file it's with everything and I have also tried installing previous versions of PR, but still no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are working on a similar issue related to poor playback on Quicktime proxies. Could you try creating h.264 proxies and let us know if you still see the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines