• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback or rewind at increased speed freezes timeline

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to the newest Adobe Premiere Pro today (Nov 12 2021), I'm getting an error when using JKL on the timeline to move backwards or forwards at 2X speed or more, it causes the playback to keep going, but I can't stop it.

Spacebar, or clicking does nothing and I have to wait 5-10 seconds and then it stops, but now i'm way down the timeline from where I want to be.

I've never had this happen before on this editing system.

I've got updated drivers and Windows as of today as well.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi plannerguy2,

We're sorry to hear about this. Is this happening with any specific project or all the projects? Also, have you tried resetting app preferences & checked if it's working properly?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is also occuring for me in all projects with the new update. Whenever I use the shuttle function, audio playback will continue for seconds or minutes after trying to stop. I can click to other panels and even save projects, but audio playback will continue. Pressing the STOP button doesn't have any effect. Resetting app preferences does not solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with any different kind of media than usual? Sounds like unoptimized media playback issues. If you normally work with this stuff without any issue then it could be version-related and you might want to roll back to 2021.  

Another thing to try is turning off Hardware Accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably a bug in v22.0 given the recent discussion posts on the forum, as well as a bug report on the UserVoice feedback page. I am expereincing the same issues with H.264 mp4 files (same sequence settings) which I usually have no issue with.

I will say that disabling hardware accelerated decoding does help. I've noticed a reduction in the amount of freezing; however the issue is still present. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

We're reporting this to our engineering team for investigation. Could you share the following information with me so they can try to reproduce the behavior?

1. What did you use to record your footage? What kind of footage is it?

2. Would you be able to share the .prproj file by uploading it to a share service like Google Drive or Dropbox? We don't need the media, just the .prproj

3. What workspace do you typically work in? 

4. Have you already tried resetting your preferences, and clearing your cache

Thanks, sorry for the frustration!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not OP, but I am dealing with the same issues, so I will respond with my experience.

1. 1080p H.264 MP4 footage shot on Canon C70. For troubleshooting sake, I loaded up similar footage that was shot on a Canon C100, and I did not experience issues on footage from that camera.
  2. Here is a link to one of my current projects where I am experiencing this issue.
  3. Editing workspace
  4. Yes, I have reset preferences, cleared cache, and also disabled hardware acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for answering these questions!

Is there anything on one sequence/timeline that isn't on the other? Any effects or graphics?

Our engineers haven't been able to reproduce this yet but we're cranking away at it. Thanks again!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No graphics or effects or anything like that. The only way I've been able to replicate the issue is with using footage from the C70. Whether in the preview window or on the timeline, shuttling C70 footage casues this issue. Footage from other cameras plays back fine. If I mix footage within a timeline, shuttling playback only has problems with the C70 footage.

This issue is not present in v15.4. Everything works fine there. I hope that helps with troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I've not been on the forum to see the replies.
As of now, I am still getting the issue on both mac and PC.

I'm not sure it's happening with ALL footage, but it's definitely hapening with the main footage I work with, which is from a Nikon D850.

It's 24fps, 1080p CODEC: AVCHD H.264 4:2:0 (Full Range)

I have cleared my cache and reset my prefs. I also followed a bunch of other prefs/settings changes to optimize performance and none have stopped the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with all my video footage.  I loaded it from my NAS and then copied it to my Mac to make sure it wasn't a latency issue from the network.  It still freezes but the clip will keep playing for 20-30 seconds on every clip I import the first time. After that it seems to work but each time I restart Premiere it happens all over again.  It also ONLY happens when using JKL scrubbing.  

I have deleted all cache and trashed preferences.  I am going to download the beta version of PP and see if the issue continues.  It's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Reduces the speed of indexing media to a crawl.

Editing with training wheels!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone,

Sorry for this problem again. We have improved this workflow in the latest beta build.

Please check out the latest beta build version 22.5.0.29(or higher) from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

If you still face this issue, please share your media files(& project) here and we will check at our end https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

I hope it will help.
Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines