• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback screen is frozen and grayed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a recurring issue, where my Premiere Pro at random decides to freeze my playback, the blue timeline indicator moves across and the audio tracks still play, but no playback on the screen is occurring. After i hide the program and then re-open it (Win+D twice) the playback screen just appears as grey and to fix it i have to restart the program fully, which can be annoying as it gets more frequent and interrupts my workflow. I have tried many ways of trying to solve this, including clearing media cache, resetting preferences and workplace, switching render device, but it keeps occuring.

Premiere Pro version: v15.0

PC specs:

Windows 10 20H2

16gb RAM

Ryzen 2200g Processor

Radeon RX570 8GB GPU

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I cann see form your image file, you haven't rendered the sequence so far (red line over sequence). At first, I would render it . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Sorry about that. We can get this checked.

• Are you getting this issue with a specific project?
  • What type of media files are you editing (codec/ format, frame rate, frame size)?

Let us know.

Thanks.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this isn't for a specific project, happens to all of them.

The below properties differ (shown with the use of "/") as i use different ones throughout the project

Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

Frame rate: 60/144 

Format: mp4/avi 

Frame size: 1920 x 2080/2560 x 1440

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Radeon RX570 8GB GPU

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter

ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support

There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, sadly I've seen someone on here having the same issue as you (grey screen) and nobody was able to help for now. 

I do think it might be an issue realted with your pc specs. Lately premiere pro is asking so much that you litteraly need a gaming pc to edit. 

Best investement you could do for now if you have budget will be more RAM, sometimes it do the trick. 

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines