Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Settings - Audio Offset

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I've an external monitor, attached via a BMD UltraStudioMini SDI converter.

My speakers are connected via a USB-interface.

Now when I'm editing there is an annoying delay of the video of round about 4 frames in 25p.

In the playback settings tab the selected audio device is adobe desktop audio. There is an audio offset option which should be exactly what i need but it is greyed out and set to 0ms. Any ideas what i could do here?

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into the same issue after upgrading my Mac and my audio interface to a UA Apollo Twin Thunderbolt. I have a BMD Ultrastudio monitor 3G running SDI to an external monitor. The external monitor and my computer monitor are in sync but behind audio at roughly 100 milliseconds, and no way in Playback settings to change the offset when set to Adobe Desktop Audio. So far I can’t find anything in the manual or online that addresses this, other than this thread. Seems like this would be an easy thing to address via software. I don’t really want to have to add an external delay box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a latency/audio timing option in the BM software setup?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

There is, but for some reason it maxes out at 50mbps. Also, to use my audio interface when switching to Blackmagic Playback, I have to run an analog cable from the headphone jack of my external monitor back into the UA interface, bypassing the Thunderbolt connection entirely. It’s not the solution I’m looking for. I’ve also reached out to UA to see if there’s a setting or plug-in I could use to add delay— have yet to hear back.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ouch. That doesn't sound ... good.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines