Playback slowdown in timeline when4k multicam clip is loaded in source monitor

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to get the bottom of this really weird issue I've run into.  When I have a multicam clip that is 4k loaded in the source monitor, playback in the timeline lags and starts to drop frames.  This happens only when a 4k multicam clip is loaded in the source monitor.  If I click out of the source monitor into another tab like Effect Controls the timeline plays smooth again.  Interestingly, if I undock the source monitor the timeline plays smoothly.  It is only when I have a frame of video loaded in the source monitor and the source monitor is docked into the interface does this happen.

I'm on Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.5.  The issue happens in both Premiere 2021 and 2022.  It happens across the 3 devices I edit on.  Late 2013 Mac Pro 16 GB, 2019 Mac Pro 32 GB, and a 2019 Macbook Pro 32 GB.

The media is transcoded to Prores 422.  I also generated ProRes Proxy files.  Proxies are enabled.

TOPICS
Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very odd. How many camera angles in the multicam?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Most of the mulitcam clips are 2 angles. One or two have 3 angles.

Chris Mushinskie, Post Production Manager
Tribe 310 Main Street, Chatham, NJ 07928
973.635.2660 973.635.2660> I chris@tribepictures.com I www.tribepictures.com973.635.2660>

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines