Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback slowdown in timeline when4k multicam clip is loaded in source monitor

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to get the bottom of this really weird issue I've run into.  When I have a multicam clip that is 4k loaded in the source monitor, playback in the timeline lags and starts to drop frames.  This happens only when a 4k multicam clip is loaded in the source monitor.  If I click out of the source monitor into another tab like Effect Controls the timeline plays smooth again.  Interestingly, if I undock the source monitor the timeline plays smoothly.  It is only when I have a frame of video loaded in the source monitor and the source monitor is docked into the interface does this happen.

I'm on Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.5.  The issue happens in both Premiere 2021 and 2022.  It happens across the 3 devices I edit on.  Late 2013 Mac Pro 16 GB, 2019 Mac Pro 32 GB, and a 2019 Macbook Pro 32 GB.

The media is transcoded to Prores 422.  I also generated ProRes Proxy files.  Proxies are enabled.

TOPICS
Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very odd. How many camera angles in the multicam?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the mulitcam clips are 2 angles. One or two have 3 angles.

Chris Mushinskie, Post Production Manager
Tribe 310 Main Street, Chatham, NJ 07928
973.635.2660 973.635.2660> I chris@tribepictures.com I www.tribepictures.com973.635.2660>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm still having this issue.  I'm noticing it isn't just happening when a 4k multicam sequence is loaded in the source monitor.  It is also when I have just a plain 4k clip in there too.  It is the strangest thing.  If I have another tab open covering the program window everything plays fine!  I would realy love to get an answer on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what's going here. 

What is the playback resolution set to in the Source monitor? Ifi its' "Full" try changing it to 1/2 or 1/4 playback rez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was set to full.  I've tried changing it to 1/2 or 1/4 and it makes no difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Custom Workspace when this happens? Or just one of the stock ones like EDIT?

Also: is the Libraries panel open? May not be related but I've seen some other Adobe reps asking users if that panel is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have the libraries panel open.  I mostly am using a custom workspace.  I'm also on dual monitors.  I don't remember for certain, but I thought the issue was still happening in the stock work spaces too.  But I will double check that today as I'm working.  Would it help if I posted a screen recording of the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines