• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Speed suddenly different

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new Premiere Pro project about an hour ago. Edited it like usual and all was fine. I then closed it and opened it again right away (only a few seconds later) because I forgot something and suddenly the replay speed was really weird. Video and Audio are now faster and and choppy (seems to skip frames) but still runs consistently so it does not seem like it lags. I did not change any settings. There is no Premiere Pro update and there is no Windows update (because I have seen in other posts that that might be the issue?). All recorded clips are in 60 FPS and the sequence is in 60 FPS. I have no idea if there is simply a setting for playback speed? If so then maybe I have accidentally hit a key-shortcut. But I couldn't find anything of the sort online except the J and L keys which seem to only make things worse.

Again, the same clip that I have not changed anything about suddenly behaves differently and I am quite confused why that is even possible.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have seen this suggested in similat posts: I am using the Renderer with GPU support. I did try the Software Only setting and it didn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue where the timeline started playing at half speed, a computer reboot fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I also just tried that just to be sure. And what do you know, it's back to normal. Thanks for the quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened a few more times now. So restarting the PC does help short term but that can't be the only solution. I can't constantly restart my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I wrote a lengthy reply covering everything but the site crashed as I hit "post" and now it refuses to post the message because of a "unique message being received more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds". So I am simply adding this extra bit to make it not unique enough anymore hopefully. Feel free to ignore it. Also apparently some invalid HTML was found in my message but to me it seems to be exactly the same as before. Let me know if anything doesn't make sense anymore.

Okay so it happened again just now so I went through your checklist.

I tried everything until the "clean installation of the lastest Studio Driver". I am not that well versed in that so I want to make sure I do it correctly. The lastest version I could find is the "NVIDIA Studio Driver | 512.15 | Windows 10 64-bit".

Also, as soon as this starts happening it affects every single Premiere Pro project that I open and also any that I create from scratch.

Regarding the useful information:
I am using Premiere Pro version 22.4 (no update available)

My Operating System is Windows 10 pro version 21H2

All footage I insert is either:

1. the footage recorded over Streamlabs which is always an .mp4
  2. an .mov with QuickTime format and GoPro Cineform videocodec

There is no error message or similar.

The problem seems to occur only after inserting a clip of the aforementioned properties. It does not always happen after insterting a clip. (I can restart the PC and then it won't happen for some time). However, if it does happen it generally seems to be after the first new clip is inserted after opening the project.

This first happened yesterday and has, prior to this, flawlessly worked for over a year on this PC and on my laptop.

I have notifications on for Premiere Pro updates and turned of auto-updates of my Operating System and am therefore aware that there was no major update of the sort in the last days.

My Computer Hardware:
1. OS: as previously mentioned

1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
  2. RAM: 4x 8 (32) GB RAM
  3. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

driver version: 472.12

I do indeed have everything running over a media drive. It's a Toshiba 4041K11 HDTB410EK3AA Canvio Basics, USB 3.0, 1TB. This drive is connected to my GPU which to my knowledge also uses USB 3.0 ports

I am using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration and I have already tried Software Only. It does not change anything.

I have not yet tried to export anything while this occured since this problem can only appear before I finish my project (since it only seems to happen after I open a project and I only do that if I want to change or add things).

There is is no crash and therefore no crashlog.

I can add a project if you want to see one but as I said as soon as it happens it affects every single one of my projects. That also includes every single one that I have already put aside and finished working on without ever encountering any issues.

Other software that is running while I edit are generally Google Chrome (to watch YouTube videos), Streamlabs (for recording purposes), Microsoft Word (to read my script)

I do not think that I have any third-party effects or codecs installed.

I hope that covers everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use this driver:

NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER - WHQL

Driver Version: 512.96 - Release Date: Mon May 23, 2022

Choose Custom install and Clean installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines