• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback stutter for video/audio when starting playback

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this issue in Premiere Pro 2023 started a while back, and it seems to affect only one of my systems. When I press play for either video or audio, the first few seconds stutters, but after a second or so it smooths out. It affects both audio and video files.

I've uploaded a screen recording of the issue to YouTube for reference. - https://youtu.be/nEuTi7zi75c 

This is only affecting my Windows laptop, my MacBook Pro is just fine. Project file and assets are on a Crucial X6 SSD and I am using a high quality USB-C cable, at least that's what Crystal Disk Mark tells me based on the speeds.

System
Dell Inspiron 14 7425
Ryzen 5 5625U @ 2.30GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 11

Up until just recently this system could edit my videos just fine, but something happened and now it's barely usable for editing. Problem is, this is my daily use machine since I now prefer the Windows OS vs Mac OS. I have a desktop Windows PC (Ryzen 5800x), but the power consumption is just too much for my daily use. And, like I said, up until recently this system was editing videos just fine.

I'm wondering if there's a driver issue/incompatibility perhaps between Premiere and the more recent Adrenaline driverset?

I've cleared cache/render files and even re-installed Premiere, nothing has helped. Also, this is a brand new SSD. My project/assets were originally on a Sandisk SSD, but I made the assumption that the drive was going bad so I bought this new one, obviosly it didn't help. lol

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?