• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Player error 55 -- Premiere 14.9

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening regularly...tried recreating projects from scratch. I'm hoping there is a more solid suggestion from Adobe other than disabling GPU rendering. Not the greatest work around.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a recently fresh install of 14.9 as I've been experiencing the issue regularly for some time. I have run the cleaner tool in the past with not much success. I guess I could try it again. Is this something Adobe is working to correct? It's a known issue amongst the community, but does Adobe consider this solved or should we be expecting a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glybirdy,

I have not really seen this error with 14.9. Sorry about that. Have you tried updating the software and testing with a new project?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is a fresh install of 14.9 after performance issues in 15.0. After following the tutorial provided by Ann, I re-did the cleaner tool and a fresh install of 14.9, then for good measure made all new projects from scratch. Will update today through the work day if there are any further issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to update that this is happening consistently again this week. Fortunately, after receiving the error but before the app fully crashes, you're able to quickly save. I do have auto-save enabled every 3 minutes as well...it's unfortunate that this is the path I need to take. Is there any other information available as to a resolution with this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue. Since version 15.4 still ongoing in version 2022.

Error occures randomly. Sometimes after half an hour. Sometimes after only 3 minutes.

Is there still no fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, just replying so hopefully you don't feel as left in the dark as the rest of us have been for months with this.

Two seperate issues to address:

1) I would not suggest using PP 2022 until it's more stable, like any new software. Especially if it is your main driver for work. New software often can be quite buggy, especially in comparison to versions from the previous year which have had a full 365 days for the community and developers to work out bugs.

In speaking to numerous editors over on Reddit, the professional community is generally in agreement that PP 2021 or 2020 (and some much older) are much more stable for daily use. 15.4 is often cited as the "newest" a given editor would go in software before deciding to wait it out as far as PP 2022.

2) The AMD GPU debacle. This is more relevant (obviously) if that is what you're running. I'm mentioning it because it's often the starting point for many editors who have been dealing with these same issues.

Adobe and its community managers are notoriously silent on this front. If you're using an AMD GPU, I'm sorry for the frustrations you're running into on the daily. The "have you tried turning it off and on again?" type suggestions drove me mad... The truest answer is that, although Adobe has previously stated they do indeed support AMD GPUs, there are clear compatibility issues with Adobe and OpenCL. And for the love of God, "turn off GPU rendering" is not a valid answer, Adobe!

My personal path lead to me replacing the very expensive (and previously assumed supported) RX 6800 XT with a more moderate, and much more compatible, Nvidia 3060 ti.

I understand that working with whichever video card you were able to get ahold of is the reality for many editors out there, as it was for me for the better part of 2021. However, even though Adobe states AMD GPUs are "supported", AMD does not currently have "studio" drivers (whereas Nvidia does). The AMD "WHQL" drivers are your best bet, but there will still be compatibility issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thanks for your fast reply!

I am currently using a AMD 5950X and a Nvidia RTX 3070ti and i think this should do the work. I think AMD should not be the problem as a coworker is running in the same issues with the same Projekt using an Intel i7 11700K. So the hardware should not be the problem i guess.

Returning to a older Version is not possible as we have to finish our current project!

But i have an idea of what may be the problem:
For scrubbing through the timeline i usually use the Shortcut "Move Playhead to Curser" and this allowes me to place the playhead between two frames. Not because i want it to be placed there but because Adobe doesn't offer a "Snap to Frame" Option. So as i read a trillion Threads in this Forum many people said, that it MAY be an issue to use Clips with different Framerates as the Sequenze may have to render/endoce/whatever a "Clip-Frame" between two "Sequenze-Frames". So my theory is:
Whenever i place my Playhead between two "Sequenze-Frames" and Cut the Clip there may occure a "Clip-Frame" between two "Sequenze-Frames". I came to this theory as the error occures (i think) allways when Trimming or cutting the Clip after moving the Playhead "between two Frames"

Maybe this helps.
Greetings
Fabian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome about the Nvidia GPU! Your AMD CPU wouldn't be the issue, you're right. So you're all clear there. Wonderful news!

Quick mention, adobe has "Snap in Timeline" as an option. Not sure if this fixes your issue, but I frequently toggle it off and on when cutting (see screengrab below). It's very helpful.

You're right about timeline scrubbing. This is the easiest way to replicate the "Player Error" that still happens, regardless of GPU, on many systems. Even jumping quickly down the timeline via cutting or moving the playhead can make it happen. It can mitigated by clearing cache, removing old installs/preferences (as mentioned by community managers), as well as rolling back to older versions of PP.

The framerate thing sounds intriguing. I don't typically use multiple ones on the same timeline, but that could definitely be making it worse.

If you do decide to install an additional, older PP version and want to open a project from a newer version, there are ways to do so that you can experiment with while keeping your 2022 project intact.

This guide shows you how to roll back to previous versions fairly easily. I've had to do this when working with outside hires often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQrWXZnYRpc

All the best!

HOW TO OPEN NEW PREMIERE PRO Project on older Version? How to DOWNGRADE a Premiere Pro Project File? I saved a Premiere Pro Project File in the current Version Premiere Pro 2020 (V.14) and I had to install Premiere Pro 2019 (V.13). But i could not open my Premiere Pro File anymore. I get the ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i am aware of the Snap in Timeline Function. I use it regulary as well but it only affects the clips which are snapping on to each other but not the Playhead. When using "Move Playhead to Cursor" the "Snap to Timeline" doesn't affect that in any way. 
I attached a Picture where you can see the Problem of the Playhead not snapping to a specific frame but being playced between two frames.

I am not sure whether this causes the problem but it hasn't been discussed in this Forum before.

By the way i am also using the Nvidia Sudio driver.

I guess i will try rolling back to an older Version and if that doesnt fix the problem i think i may try using the classic Scrolling by moving the playhead manually with the mouse.

Good luck and keep me updated!
Fabian 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also thought of a plugin being the source of the error? My installed Plugins Are:
Insta360 importer

Watchtower

Excalibur

Maybe you have any of those installed too what may cause the problem...

Also i noticed that the error occures more often the longer the project gets. 

Maybe someone can do something with those informations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines