• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead in timeline won't move (Premiere Pro CC 12.0.0)

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that after 10 minutes into editing something, the playhead in the timeline would stop moving, along with the sliders in the color correction panel. The only thing moving is the playhead in the preview panel. However, when I use my mouse to the drag the playhead in the timeline, it would still scrub through the timeline, it's just that the actual timeline playhead and the vertical line does not move. The same thing happens to the color correction panel. The sliders would not move, but it still adjusts the colors. I have to exit the program and restart it in order for the problem to go away (not for long). This problem is really slowing down my workflow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Your screen recorder is almost certainly exporting VFR ... variable frame rate media, and that version of PrPro could choke on it, or play it ... but disconnected video from audio. I would recommend running your screen-captures through Handbrake to convert to CFR, then import that media into PrPro and see if that fixes your problem.

In Handbrake, make sure the size of the image is the same as your original in the far left "Picture" tab, in the Video tab, a level of at least 4.2 and near placebo,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And with all of these apps, there are a lot of things where we just have to learn to go with the way things are in that app. While naturally mumbling a bit ... (ahem) ... but that's Life in video post.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting in from 2022 to say this still works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

god - thank you. I wasted an hour with the very same problem. I deleted the files in the bin that was giving me issues and then the problem went away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TRASH COMPANY! LEAVE ADOBE NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN. GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS ECO-SYSTEM NOW! THEY ARE GOING TO START REALLLLLLY SCREWING PEOPLE OVER SOON. HEAR IT FROM ME, GET OUT NOW! THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER PROGRAMS TO USE NOW. SAYING GOODBYE TO THIS TRASH COMPANY AFTER 20 YEARS. BYE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines