• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead lagging in v.22

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing terrible playhead lag in v22? Scrubbing looks fine in my preview window but the playhead lags behind my cursor terribly. This was not an issue in v21.x.x and isn't an issue in Beta. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrettDuncan,

We're sorry to hear about this. We're investigating a similar issue. Are you working with 4K h.264 4:2:2 10 bit files? If not, would you mind confirming the specifications of the media files with which you are experiencing this issue?

Also, if the playback resolution is set to fractional values, try setting it to Full & check if playing properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

I am using 4k 24p ProRes HQ 4:2:2 10 bit footage. I am currently forced to use Premiere Pro Beta right now as it is able to handle my footage, but as soon as I switch to the non-beta version, the playhead lags and once I start making cuts the entire editing process slows down. This is very strange because if I open the exact same project in Beta...everything is smooth. I guess there are some tweaks in the Beta that haven't reached production yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. Have you tried clearing cache files & checked if it's making any difference? Also, have you used any H.264 4:2:2 10 bit files in the timeline along with the ProRes files?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried clearing cache and that doesn't seem to make a difference. This issue goes back before I updated Premiere to the new version. The Beta has always been MUCH smoother to work with. The issue comes up when I start to cut clips. Sometimes I have png, jpegs, H.264 mp4 files on my timeline as well, however, the Beta doesn't seem to care about that like the production version does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am also experiencing the same issue. It works fine but when I am shuttling, the playhead stays where it was, and also oftentimes it takes it a few seconds to actually respond when I click on the space button to pause. I almost cannot work like this. Never was a problem in Pr 2021. I tried your solutions and they did not work. 

I am editing a 10 minutes video with two 4k cameras which my computer handles easily usually and also before the update. (11th gen i9, 64 RAM, RTX3060)

Thank you,

Alon

I hope this would be solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 4k files I am editing are 8 bit by the way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check if you have nested sequences with audio. Try disabling just the audio (right click disable remove check mark on "Enable") and see if disabling all the audio helps. IF that's it, install ASIO driver and from Premiere settings set ASIO as default and this the playhead on the timeline responsive again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines