There was an older post where someone had the playhead move to the beginning of the timeline randomly after each edit (cut, move, splice, delete, etc).
I have the opposite where it moves to the end. Unfortunately, resetting the workspace or choosing a different one did not resolve my issue.
I also read somewhere that deleting all your media cache files and reopening the project would do it but that didn't work either.
Anybody experience something similar and figure this out? The bug only happens every few minutes on random actions on the timeline. Not something I can replicate on the spot. And it only seems to be when I'm affecting the video or audio clips. In/out points, markers, sequence durations, actions like these don't seem to trigger it.
I went through everything else first PRAM, trashing preferences, changing system preferences in finder, reboots etc to discover
that the issue was with my Logitech mouse
Open a finder page with multiple columns, or if you have Microsoft XL open an .xls blank spread sheet. If the cursor rushes to the end of the document, column ZZ , then the issue may be with your mouse.
At the bottom of the mouse there should be a reset button. Use a ball point pen to hold the reset button for at least five seconds.
Unfortunately the problem returned an hour after the reset. I started using a different mouse and the problem has not come back (so far). News at 11
Exact same problem here. I fixed it by creating a new sequence and copying and pasting the contents of the bad sequence into it. Playhead works like it's supposed to in the new sequence. No idea, what caused it and it only was a problem with one sequence in my case.