• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please DO NOT retire Legacy Titles

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new essential graphics tool is VASTLY inferior to the old legacy title. This is not just a title creator. Legacy titles can be used for all sorts of simple graphics that can be animated later on during editing. It's almost like having Photoshop / Illustrator built into Premiere. It's amazing. 

Here are some of the things legacy titles can do that essential graphics cannot: 

1. Create a larger number of shapes and precisely adjust their positon, height, width, opacity, and rotation. 

2. Distort shapes to simulate orientation 

3. Duplicate text/shapes by holding Alt + click and drag (amazingly useful!)

4. Adjust the color of a shape or text in many different ways: solid, gradient, 4 color gradient (very useful!), bevel, eliminate, ghost

5. Create custom curved lines with the pen tool

6. Have text follow a custom path (example: have the bottom side of text follow the edges of a circle) 

7. Insert graphics into the text editor

8. Add shadows, sheen, and texture to shapes and text

I have used the Legacy Title editor to easily illustrate furnaces, houses, planes, pipes, gears, and so many other stuff that I could then animate in the timeline. It's one of the most powerful tools in Premiere and you want to take it out 😞 

I've attached a few screenshots of the things I was able to do with the Legacy Title.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might want to check out the beta.

Can do nearly anything on the list except text follow path.

Quick example:

AnnBens_0-1652953346373.png

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-stroke-and-shadow-gradients-for...

I would not even consider making such graphics with the legacy titler.

Photoshop would be the app to use. You can animate any layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines