• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help me fix my exported video project (OVEREXPOSED EXPORT)

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

This is my first time using premiere pro. I was having a wonderful time and finally finished my project. I was really satisfied with it, so after I exported the file, I deleted ALL of the video clips and audio clips that I used in order to save storage on my devices. To my dismay, when I opened the exported video to watch it again, it was overexposed!! I tried looking online how to fix this, but the only solution that was stated was to modify to rec709, but that's already what it is currently. With none of my files existing on my devices, is there a way I can directly edit the exported file to adjust the overexposure?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I learned frm my mistake and won't delete my files again but I REALLY need this video. Please help. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

overexposed/saturated (background is too white and skin is pink!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

** basically how to undo the exported settings (rec709 apparently) to get back original color and look. please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right now, it seems that i will have to cut each clip individually and edit the highlight/saturation settings one-by-one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eunice,

Sorry for the frustration. You can use screen edit detection to cut the program into individual clips automatically. I hope that helps a little.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin! Thank you for your reply 🙂 I managed to get most of my clips, but can't for the beginning of my video. I was wondering if there is a way to reverse hlg to rec709 export conversion? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i mean reverse rec709 back to rec2100 colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try selecting the clip and Clip > Modify > Interpret Footage. Try one of the options in Color Space > Override. I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines